Terms of Connection
- The LL-IX clients connect to LL-IX network equipment at one or several points of presence.
- BGP protocols (IPv4 or IPv6) are used to exchange routing information.
- A participant is obliged to keep up-to-date information on the networks routing policy of his AS (Autonomous System) in the Internet Routing Registry (the Internet Routing Registry, IRR) RIPE, ARIN, RADB, AFRINIC, APNIC or LACNIC.
- The client is obliged to disable ARP proxy, Broadcast forwarding, Spanning tree, IP redirects, link layer protocols (LLDP, etc.) on the interfaces connected to the LL-IX Network, as well as protocols of equipment manufacturers initiating the sending of extraneous Ethernet frames (CDP, Layer 2 keepalive, etc.), the only exception is the LACP protocol in case of EtherChannel connection.
- LL-IX uses broadcast frame transmission restrictions (broadcast storm-control / broadcast rate-limit).
- The announcement of the following Ethernet frames is allowed: 0x0800 IPv4, 0x0806 ARP, 0x86dd IPv6.
- One port has one MAC address of the member associated with it.
- It is forbidden to announce the IX network to other AS, which are not the members of the IX.
- It is forbidden to announce default-routes, private networks (RFC1918) and full view.